Sada je: 18 tra 2024, 12:39.
Diskusije usko vezane uz Ubuntu i srodne distribucije (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, LinuxMint...)

Moderator/ica: Moderatori/ce

Kakav je KDE?
Es gibt keinen Gott, kein Universum, keine menschliche Rasse, kein irdisches Leben, keinen Himmel, keine Hölle. Es ist alles ein Traum - ein grotesker und dummer Traum. Nichts existiert außer dir. Und du bist nur ein Gedanke - ein vagabundierender Gedanke, ein nutzloser Gedanke, ein heimatloser Gedanke, der verloren in der leeren Ewigkeit wandelt!
Podijelio/la zahvalu: 181 puta
Primio/la zahvalu: 313 puta
Spol: Y
Ne znam ja kako je drugima sa Unityem na 18.04, ali kod mene je blaga banana... uz masu stvari koje ne rade ne radi ni banalna stvar kao što je desni klik na deskrop tako da nemreš lako ni wallpaper promijeniti pface ... sa druge strane GNOME radi OK samo to je... :-D
[+ Prikaži] Klik
ThinkPad T14s Gen. 1
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U
16 GB DDR4-3200
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
14" FHD IPS (Innolux N140HCG-GQ2)
WiFi Intel® Wi-Fi® 6 AX200
Slika: dio kolekcije

ZEN
"Charlie. What are you thinking?"
"I'm thinking about what I want and what I need."
"What do you want?"
"I want a peaceful soul."
"And what do you need?"
"I need a bigger gun."
Site Admin
Site Admin
Podijelio/la zahvalu: 660 puta
Primio/la zahvalu: 1014 puta
Spol: M
shrike je napisao/la:Kakav je KDE?

Generalno, KDE je ok, ali definitivno ako se pogleda 17.10 ili 17.04 ovo je što se tiče brzine i pouzdanosti korak unatrag. Zašto je tome tako, ne znam. Puno toga ne funkcioniše tečno, a neke stvari kao da su postavljene samo da iritiraju. Evo, npr sad stiga neki update, pa i ono što je radilo (global menu) sad počeo da kašljuca. ne shvatam. Mislim, ako se dobro sećam sličan problem je imao i 16.04 kad se pojavio da je bio jako nestabilno izdanje (a što je ironično dugoročno podržano). Nadam se da će stvari kroz mesec dva da legnu na svoje mesto.
Ukratko, kome nije hitno, nek sačeka, jer samo će da se razočara naspram prethodnog izdanja.
Podijelio/la zahvalu: 3 puta
Primio/la zahvalu: 10 puta
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/06/ubu ... e-features

Moguće nove stvari koje će doći sa Ubuntuom 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish.
Podijelio/la zahvalu: 41 puta
Primio/la zahvalu: 177 puta
https://www.zdnet.com/article/mark-shut ... oing-next/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-i ... n-44082195

Ubuntu remains the dominant cloud operating system. According to the May 8, 2018 Cloud Market statistics, on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, Ubuntu dominates the cloud with 209,000 instances, well ahead of its competitors Amazon Linux AMI, 88,500; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and CentOS's 31,400, and Windows Server's 29,200. As another data point, the executives at the OpenStack cloud company Rackspace told me that although their company had started with RHEL, today it's 60/40 Ubuntu.

OpenStack has been very, very good for Canonical, which is more than you can say for many companies that tried to make it as OpenStack providers or distributors. "With OpenStack it's important to deliver on the underlying promise of more cost-effective infrastructure," Shuttleworth said. Sure, "You can love technology and you can have new projects and it can all be kumbaya and open source, but what really matters is computers, virtual machines, virtual disks, virtual networks. So we ruthlessly focus on delivering that and then also solving all the problems around that."

So it is, Shuttleworth claims, that "Canonical can deliver an OpenStack platform to an enterprise in two weeks with everything in place."

Meanwhile, Mark Shuttleworth recorded the biggest increase in wealth (£340m) thanks to his business that allows televisions, cars and other devices to connect to the web.

Mark Shuttleworth o Ubuntuu i Canonicalu i planovima za IPO 2019 g. Također na linkovima piše da je bogatstvo Marka Shuttlewortha skočilo za 340 milijuna funti :sokiran Ako se ne varam Canonicalov promet za 2016 ili 2017 je bio 126 milijuna dolara pa pretpostavljam da on ima još neke poslove osim Canonicala ili je Canonicalov promet i zarada drastično skočila u zadnjih godinu dvije.
https://blog.ubuntu.com/2018/06/22/a-fi ... op-metrics

Prvi rezultati desktop surveya prilikom instalacije Ubuntua.
https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/t ... containers

It is now possible to run Docker containers on Windows 10 and Windows Server, leveraging Ubuntu as a hosting base.

Imagine running your own Linux applications on Windows, using a Linux distribution you are comfortable with: Ubuntu!

It is now possible to do so using the power of Docker technology and Hyper-V virtualization on Windows.

Korištenje docker containera na Ubuntuu na Windowsima 10.
JH-IM je napisao/la:Korištenje docker containera na Ubuntuu na Windowsima 10.

Dakle, ako dobro pratim, bilo je "Docker kontejneri umjesto virtualnih mašina" a sada je "I virtualne mašine unutar Dockera". :kava
Podijelio/la zahvalu: 45 puta
Primio/la zahvalu: 342 puta
https://blog.ubuntu.com/2018/07/03/intr ... ith-ubuntu

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/wo ... op7730hwus

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/ct ... op7530hwus

We’re excited to see Dell announce the availability of the latest Precision mobile workstations which come preinstalled with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Canonical have been part of Dell’s Project Sputnik since Day 1, and over 5 years later we are excited to see continuous innovation in open source computing solutions.

The Dell Precision 7530 and 7730 join the growing family of Dell systems that come preinstalled with Ubuntu including the XPS Developer Editions as well as the Precision line. Canonical’s engineers have collaborated with the team at Dell to guarantee a first class Ubuntu experience out of the box, and we’re excited to tell you about their most powerful laptops yet.

When it comes to pure power, these machines are unmatched. In fact, the 7730 is also the first AI/ML ready mobile workstation available on the market. Both models feature 8th generation Intel Core and Xeon Processors with up to 6 cores as well as AMD Radeon™ Pro and NVIDIA® Quadro® professional graphics. The latest Dell Precision Developer Editions are available with up to 128GB of system memory & SuperSpeed memory of 3200MHz, up to 6TB of PCIe SSD storage on the 7530 and 8TB on the 7730, as well as single cable docking & Thunderbolt 3 connectivity. Additional add-ons and configurations include an external eGPU chassis, a larger battery, and the option to upgrade to a 4K UHD IGZO display with 100% colour gamut.

Dell Precision 7530 i 7730 mobile workstation laptopi su sada dostupni sa Ubuntuom.
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... mal-Ubuntu

Canonical today announced the new Minimal Ubuntu, which is a "tiny" package set focused for speed, performance, and stability of Ubuntu in cloud deployments.

Minimal Ubuntu is 50% the size of a standard Ubuntu server image and is said to boot up to 40% faster. Minimal Ubuntu in 16.04 LTS and 18.04 LTS flavors is available today for Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, LXD, and KVM/OpenStack. The Minimal Ubuntu cloud images also contain kernels optimized for each major cloud platform. Minimal Ubuntu retains compatibility with existing Ubuntu packages for expanding the software footprint depending upon your needs.

https://blog.ubuntu.com/2018/07/09/mini ... u-released

The 29MB Docker image for Minimal Ubuntu 18.04 LTS serves as a highly efficient container starting point, and allows developers to deploy multicloud containerized applications faster. For modern Docker workflows with Kubernetes, the minimal Ubuntu image provides a balance of compatibility, familiarity, performance and size. This is the standard Ubuntu 18.04 LTS image on the Docker Hub.

Cloud images also contain the optimised kernel for each cloud and supporting boot utilities.

Minimal Ubuntu image koji je prilagođen za cloud deploymente.

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/07/cim ... uns-ubuntu

Meet CIMON (Crew Interactive Mobile CompanioN). This free-floating Ubuntu-based cyber colleague has been designed to “mitigate” the stresses of, and share the work during, long-term spaceflight.

And to do that he’s had to boldly go where no AI assistant has gone before: space.

CIMON – the AI Assistant for Astronauts
CIMON Gif
CIMON can move…

One of six experiments recently launched to the International Space Station as part of the ESA Horizons mission, CIMON is pure science fiction.

Sure, it may look like the love child of a Koffing (Pokemon) and an Emojibot (Doctor Who) but this 8kg, free floating ball is far smarter than you’d think.

CIMON is an autonomous, AI-powered assistant that can see, hear, understand and speak with astronauts thanks to a slate of on-board cameras, microphones, sensors and processors.

Twelve internal fans give him full directional mobility, including the ability to nod or shake his head.

He’s voice-controlled too, meaning astronauts are free to perform tasks and conduct experiments with both hands while remaining fully able to access, interface and command their cyber colleague as they need to.

CIMON can present and explain a range of detailed information, including steps required in an experiment steps, repair instructions, and answers to questions.

He can also perform routine tasks like searching for objects or documenting the results of experiments which take place onboard the station.

What’s particularly unique about CIMON is that he’s also designed to fulfil a more social role, hence the animated human face writ across his 8-inch display.

CIMON robot sa umjetnom inteligencijom na ISSu baziran je na Ubuntuu. Dizajn lica koje se prikazuje na monitoru je bez veze, mogli bi napraviti ga malo atraktivnijim i simpatičnijim :hihi

Na mreži
Trenutno korisnika/ca: / i 16 gostiju.